I’ll post house rules here. This is a living list and will include which WOTC errata I’m using.
Note: this needs to be revisited after WotC releases the January 2010 errata – many things that once hit minions (Rod of Reaving) no longer effect them.
- PCs are allowed to purchase any magical item from PHB (Players Handbook) or AV (Adventurer’s Vault) that is 2 levels below the highest level in the party between quests.
- The Enchant Magic Item ritual will allow the PC to create any magical item from PHB or AV equal to or lower than his level. You just have to pay the material cost. Warning: I reserve the right to modify this and require a pattern to copy if I feel this gets abusive. Or the PCs may run into some very good thieves!
- Players can create new characters at anytime. The character begins with xp equal to the minimum amount to achieve the lowest rank currently in the party.
- Stealth rules are according to PHB errata, 1/20/09 from the wizards website.
- Skill Challenges are based on the Obsidian v1.2 rules.
- Powers that count as Ranged Basic Attacks (magic missle, eldritch blast) do not gain the Weapon keyword.
- Dungeon Delves house rules
- Creatures being forced into a fall by any means (including teleporting them many hexes away) still get a saving throw before falling. That means PCs get a save also. This isn’t really a house rule, but RAW.
- Ritual casters that got the Ritual Casting feat as a class feature (e.g Wizard) have the ability to once per day cast a ritual for free. The ritual must use the primary skill of the class (Arcana for wizards, Religion for clerics, Nature for druids, etc); must be 5 or more levels lower than the caster’s level, and has a fixed cost (no craft magic item). This may turn into a feat that other casters can take.
- Ritual casting during combat. Characters with the Ritual Casting feat as a class feature can ATTEMPT to cast SOME rituals during combat. This is done as a two round “mini” skill challenge for the caster. This option is only available for rituals with normal casting times of 10 minutes or less. The caster must make a skill check at the end of his/her turn each round using the appropriate skill for the ritual against a Difficult DC based on the level of the ritual. The caster can take no other actions during his/her turn each round.