Character Builder Campaign Settings
In the campaign settings tab of the character builder, uncheck the following items under the restriction tab:
- Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide; Diety
- Forgotten Realms Players Guide; Background
- Player’s Handbook; Deity
The languages in Eberron are the same as those in the PHB, with the following exceptions:
- Orcs speak Goblin, not Giant.
- Drow speak Giant, not Elven.
- Three new languages appear and are explained on p 13 of the EPG.
- Any PC can take a dragonmark feat, regardless of race. A dragonmark feat cannot be retrained.
- The dragonmark paragon paths add the race of the house in addition to the dragonmark feat as a prerequiste. The races associated with each house are as follows:
Dragonmark Race House Mark of Detection Half-Elf Medani Mark of Finding Human and Half-Orc Tharashk Mark of Handling Human Vadalis Mark of Healing Halfling Jorasco Mark of Hospitality Halfling Ghallanda Mark of Making Human Cannith Mark of Passage Human Orien Mark of Scribing Gnome Sivls Mark of Sentinel Human Deneith Mark of Shadow Eladrin and Elf Phiarlan Mark of Shadow Elf Thuranni Mark of Storm Half-Elf Lyrandar Mark of Warding Dwarf Kundarak
- No one is perfect. What is one character flaw you possess? This can be physical or emotional.
- Briefly describe one significant NPC from your past. This should be a mentor, friend, rival, or enemy.
- Briefly describe how your character is connected to one other PC in the party.
- The defining event of the current age, as far as the people of Khorvaire are concerned, was the Last War, which engulfed the entire continent for a century. The Last War erupted after the death of King Jarot, when his children, the rulers of the Five Nations, couldn’t agree on who would succeed him. Alliances rose and fell over the course of a hundred years, but at various points, each of the Five Nations turned against the others. The war finally came to an end after Cyre was consumed by a deadly mist and became the Mournland. The Mourning set in motion a peace process that culminated with the signing of the Treaty of Thronehold in 996 YK. So, what did your character do during the Last War?
- Your character became a paragon somehow. What was one heroic thing you did before this campaign?
- Name one thing your character is passionate about. This should be an ideal, a person, a place, or a thing.
- What is one thing your character wants to accomplish during the campaign.
|The Silver Flame||Hope, justice, protection|
|The Sovereign Host||Civilization, fate, knowledge|
|Arawai||Life, storm, wilderness|
|Aureon||Arcana, justice, knowledge|
|Balinor||Earth, strength, wilderness|
|Boldrei||Civilization, justice, protection|
|Dol Arrah||Hope, sun, war|
|Dol Dorn||Skill, strength, war|
|Kol Korran||Civilization, skill, trickery|
|Olladra||Change, freedom, luck|
|Onatar||Civilization, creation, strength|
|The Traveler||Change, creation, trickery|
|The Path of Light||Freedom, skill, sun|
|The Spirits of the Past||Protection, vengeance, war|
|The Undying Court||Fate, knowledge, undeath|